WHO WE HELP
As professionals we encourage you to refer a child who you believe has a developmental concern to our centre. We accept referrals for children:
• Who have both short term and life-long needs;
• Who have delays in communication, fine motor, and/or gross motor skill development;
• Who are at risk of developing delays. These include children born prematurely or who have suffered prenatal exposure to drugs or alcohol;
• Who have identified special needs / disabilities such as Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, Autism;
• Children with significant behaviours and/or social emotional concerns.
We believe that all families want their children to develop to their highest potential and we will do our best to:
- foster, build and reinforce the strengths, assests and strategies families already possess;
- empower children and their families with support and guidance;
- provide resources while respecting the families individual values, beliefs and cultural practices.
The Fraser Valley Child Development Centre has an integrated multi-disciplinary team approach. Each child/family is assigned a Primary Service Provider who helps families set goals around their child's development and assist in meeting those goals. This person has access to a team of professional with expertise in all areas of development, who provide consultation and recommendations for each child's growth, learning and development through visits, clinics, groups or therapy.