We are more than just a work place.
Be a part of something great!
We are a group of like-minded people who are passionate about supporting, advocating, and empowering children, youth, and families. We are looking for passionate, forward-thinking, creative and motivated people to join our team to make a meaningful difference in the lives of the people we serve.
Our employees are the most valued assets of our organization with each team member and the contribution made by them equally appreciated. At FVCDC, we are committed to providing a work environment that is safe, caring, inclusive and welcoming.
We believe in investing in our employees’ personal and professional growth and well-being, to enable them to provide the highest quality services to our community. This is the reason the majority of our employees have chosen to develop a long and fulfilling career at FVCDC.
Why Join FVCDC?
In order to build a rewarding employee experience, we commit ourselves to deliver what matters most to our people.
- Comprehensive extended health benefits package, dental, LTD, and municipal pension plan etc.
- Receive paid time off and flexible work schedule to have a work life balance.
- Grow your career with financially supported learning opportunities
- A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast-growing organization with professionals who are excellent in their respective fields.
- Be part of a competent and professional team supportive of each other.
- Opportunity to make a difference every single day to help children, youth, and their families reach their full potential.
- We are CARF accredited non-profit organization committed to implementing best workplace practices.
- Something missing? we are all ears to our staff’s needs. Feel free to let us know what you need from us to be the best version of yourself.
What Our Staff Loves About FVCDC…
The magic formula to a great company culture is care, compassion, love, support, encouragement, and open communication. The outcome you receive in return is invaluable.
Here are some words of appreciation from FVCDC staff:
- A great sense of accomplishment serving the community
- Flexible work schedules
- Great work life balance
- Excellent organizational culture
- Training and development opportunities
- Welcoming, equitable and respectful treatment
- Best health and safety practices
- Staff participation in planning and decision making
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
FVCDC envisions a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects our communities. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, religion, and/or identity as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Student and Volunteer Opportunities
The Fraser Valley Child Development Centre is a recognized teaching facility for Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Audiology and Speech Science with the University of British Columbia. We offer students from Universities and Colleges from across Canada opportunities to be mentored and work alongside community professionals. Students include early childhood educators, social workers, occupational therapists, speech and language pathologists, physiotherapists, and those studying for their child and youth degree.
Opportunities for volunteers fluctuate throughout the year and mainly support Therapy and Play Groups for the children we serve.