This program provides intensive, individualized, and early intervention behavioural services to children with autism (Autism Spectrum Disorder - ASD). We work in partnership with appropriate individuals, programs, and professionals.
We believe that each child diagnosed with ASD has a right to equal opportunities to develop their abilities to the fullest potential.
Our Commitment to the young children and their families includes:
- Empowering them by valuing, welcoming, and respecting them
- Promoting inclusion in all aspects of society
- Developing individualized, innovative, and creative services that provide fair and accessible choices
- Providing a multi-disciplinary team that assesses and improves core skill development in the areas of communication, self help, sensory processing, fine and gross motor ability, and school readiness
- Following the guidelines of Best Practices for intervention with children on the Autism Spectrum
Our Multi-Disciplinary Team
The Behavioural Consultant provides your child with the following services:.
- Baseline and yearly assessment using the ABLLS-R (Assessment of Basic Language and Learning Skills Revised) or BLA (Basic Learning Abilities).
- Develops the Individualized Program Plan (IPP)
- Revises and monitors each child’s progress on a monthly (under 6) and bi-monthly (Over 6) basis.
- Programs specifically in the following areas:
- Social skills including peer/sibling interaction
- Play Skills
- Academic goals
- Behaviour goals
The Speech / Language Consultant helps the child develop communication and social skills. These areas include receptive and expressive language skills, speech sound production, oral motor skills, alternative augmentative communication, social communication, peer interaction and play skills.
The Occupational Therapist addresses areas of self-help skills including toileting, feeding, and dressing. They will also address your child’s gross and fine motor skills and sensory function.
A Behavioural Interventionist provides one-on-one intervention with each child, while following the child’s program plan.
Find Out More
About Autism Spectrum Disorder, visit www.mcf.gov.bc.ca/autism/